Application Date 2019-04-12 14:32:56
Application Language English
Applicant City Bangalore
Applicant State/Province Karnataka
Applicant Country India
What languages do you speak? English, Hindi
What is your occupation? Software Development
How many years experience in your field? 1-3
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? I'm a blockchain developer by profession, currently developing one of the upcoming Korean cryptocurrency exchange and payment system. My company works in the field of blockchain based fintech [solutions]. I'm in the Blockchain space for last 3 years as an ethereum developer and entrepreneur. Hence in the last 3 years, I have developed many blockchain based solutions, dapps, and DLT Solutions. Meanwhile, I have won 2 big blockchain hackathon events, the NIPP blockchain hackathon, and The HACK.VC's HACK.SUMMIT() -2018 hackathon Alongside my job, I have consulted and helped several blockchain startups. Currently, I also work as an open source contributor to several projects and audit smart contracts in my free time. Also, I'm giving back to the web3 developer's community by helping ethereum and solidity grow, as the community manager and admin of the official solidity developers group on the telegram. There I help over 700 blockchain developers learn and troubleshoot all their problems.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Bangalore
Node State Karnataka
Node Country India
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc)
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? Would like to see a more robust and safer node client and a much better scalable infrastructure.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? Nothing obvious at the moment.
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 49
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 95
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . 800
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 70
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Both
In what type of environment would this server be located?
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter?
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications?
Yes (Please list specs)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) As I worked on several DLT applications with highly scalable infrastructure (used Kubernetes, Kafka, rabbitmq, etc to scale and deploy on a huge scale), I am pretty confident about managing the node properly.
Why do you want to be a node? As I huge fan and supporter of the decentralized system and Mr.Chaum's work, I really want to support the Elixir project to build a better internet of value.
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Word of Mouth
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, Medium, Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? Been following the biggies in Internet Money revolution for a long time, I'm a huge fan of Mr. Chaum alongside other legends like Szabo and Finney. The problem of a proven Nobel consensus mechanism and a truly scalable platform bugs me and I believe that Elixxir could truly be the answer. The project is truly fascinating to me and I would love to contribute to it.
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? I'm an active participant of the Ethereum project, currently working as a community manager for the solidity programming language. Hence managing the official telegram group of Ethereum developers @dev_solidity . Also, I own the Android app/ blog [url removed to protect identity] and hence manage about 1000+ active daily cryptocurrency traders.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? I have attended 1. EthIndia 2018 (Ethereum Conference + Hackathon) 2. IBC - International Blockchain Conference 2018 3. Hedera18 - Hashgraph Conference
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? Would like to write articles, tutorials and development documentations for the Elixxir platform. Would like to publish a piece of article a week or so.
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Decentralized means that there is no single point where the decision is made whereas distributed networks can be controlled by a set of entities only.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. Would like to see Elixxir's the decentralized randomized algorithm being implemented and solve current scalability and privacy concerns.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? Users should have the freedom to choose where their data resides and who is allowed to access it. More and more people are becoming aware of it and taking the initiative to get control over one's data and hence it will be an essential feature of decentralized internet of the future.
Tags Individual, India, English
7 Likes

i think u can help so much to teh comunidity Ellixxir !! you have my vote !

1 Like

Definite fit

1 Like

Hi, this is my application, and I would love to hear the suggestion, advices and feedback.

Open internet is everyone’s right and I am more than willing to do my best to help out the purpose.

I see myself a good fit to help the project by helping out the tech adoption, and by helping maintain and growing the developers community for the project.

Looks like a prefect candidate to help out the project. You definitely have my support

1 Like

Hands down one of the most suitable applicants in the region.

I would support you.

1 Like

Abhi is highly passionate blockchain expert. Most deserving applicant for this program

1 Like