Application Date 2019-04-12 9:35:55
Application Language English
Applicant City Kemerovo
Applicant State/Province Kemerovskaya obl
Applicant Country Russia
What languages do you speak? Russian, English
What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Graduated Secondary or High School, or equivalent
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any?
Are you an individual or a group?
Node City
Node State
Node Country
For which networks Have you ever operated a node?
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported?
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node?
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second)
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage)
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. .
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month)
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers?
In what type of environment would this server be located?
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter?
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications?
Yes (Please list specs)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services?
Yes (please specify)
Why do you want to be a node?
How did you originally hear about Elixxir?
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of?
Are you an active member of those communities?
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform?
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones?
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)?
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc.
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis?
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
Tags English
5 Likes

!!!added more information in the responses to this post, please see!!!

Hi, this is my application.
I will leave here more information about myself. I have almost 20 years of experience in the IT industry. I like to participate in crypto projects at an early stage and I did it in projects such as Quarkchain (70+ clusters/nodes), NKN (50+ nodes) and others. Now I do not have the physical equipment, but I have the opportunity to rent several cloud servers with the required configuration for Elixxir. Because I am a passionate person and I am interested in doing this. :slight_smile:

!!!added more information in the responses to this post, please see!!!

5 Likes

I would like to see you given an opportunity as I would like an opportunity. Good luck

2 Likes

It sounds like you have experience needed to successfully run a node. Looks good.

2 Likes

I participated with @Art in the QuarkChain project test. He has a lot of knowledge and I am glad that he joined this project.

2 Likes

I +1 here to @Alive29’s words - worked with @Art at QuarkChain, seen him being very active (participated in almost all AMAs) and helping to other community members (remember those gigahashes hidden in icebergs LOL).

2 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Agree with you, @AGx10k. Here is my voice for @Art as well. Firstly met him on QuarkChain project, supporting others with various questions and concerns. Good luck with new endeavors!

2 Likes

Оne of the most active member of the quarkchain test network! Thanks to his perseverance and communication, the entire community, including myself, learned many interesting questions from the development team. Also responsive and always happy to help.
I am very glad that he is interested in this project and I hope for further cooperation!

At the time of adding the application had little time and did not provide all the information in the application, my mistake, so I will add more info. In addition to the rental, above I forgot to specify the possibility to take the equipment from my best friend for free use. Together with it we will be able to provide at least 2 servers as these:
Intel Core i7-8700 / 32Gb / SSD
AMD Ryzen 7 2700 / 32 Gb / SSD
And since my friend is a professional home miner (about 5GH of his equipment), then no problem to install video cards in these computers, such as 1070-1080Ti in any quantity :smile:

4 Likes

Hey @Art, it would be great if you could spend some time and fill out the application before the June 10th deadline. It would definitely help other users to familiarize with your skill set and earn you a spot during the approval process.

You got my vote mate.

1 Like

Time goes and I managed to buy for this time such 4 server: 2x XEON E5-2680 2.7 GHz / 32GB / SSD :grinning:

2 Likes