Application Date 2019-04-11 16:06:20
Application Language English
Applicant City Los Angeles
Applicant State/Province CA
Applicant Country United States
What languages do you speak? English, Spanish
What is your occupation? Privacy/Security
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? I currently manage a team of 44 full stack blockchain engineers building 11 projects within the cryptocurrency space ranging from decentralized exchange creation to full blockchain forks. I have brought 5,000+ people into the blockchain space since beginning to educate and inform people of the broad-sweeping benefits of blockchain since 2011 and helped fund the first accredited blockchain class at [a] School of Business this past fall semester.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Los Angeles
Node State California
Node Country United States
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin Green/ VeChain/ PIVX, DASH
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? Dashboard metrics for uptime and easy staking rewards. The barrier to entry for many people is the complexity in which nodes are considered viable.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? N/A
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 35
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . 15.6 cents per kWh
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 100
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Cloud-Based Servers
In what type of environment would this server be located?
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter?
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications?
Yes (Please list specs)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below:
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) I have set up and maintained 6+ nodes on DigitalOcean - Cloud virtual machine and storage in the past 18 months and have plenty of Microsoft Azure experience from my work at Akamai Technologies.
Why do you want to be a node? After meeting and speaking with David Chaum at the CIS Summit here in Los Angeles this past week I believe strongly in the solutions provided by Elixxir and have personally noted the need for privacy-protecting blockchain technologies. Having been in the security space designing metadata protection since 2009 I would like the opportunity to provide my direct support to maintaining a node for Elixxir.
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Word of Mouth
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? Personal privacy- the Elixxir platform will allow users to communicate without revealing metadata related to their activities, I think this is a critical function that is direly needed in the current web3.0 infrastructure. After speaking with David Chaum directly I couldn't believe it's taken almost three decades for a solution this brilliant to come into the picture. I would love the opportunity to support David's endeavor as I am a fervent believer that this technology offered by Elixxir will be utilized for years to come.
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Yes, BitcoinGreen/ PivX/ Dash/ Ethereum/ Enigma/ VeChain/ Neblio/ Bitcoin/ SpankChain/ Crypterium/ Augur/ Stellar Lumens/ RavenCoin/ Binance/ HoloChain/ Hedera Hashgraph/ EOS/ Enjin
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? Yes, 22 conferences now worldwide in the past 4 years from ConsenSys, Crypto Invest Summit, Security Token Summit LA, Los Angeles Blockchain Week, NYC Blockchain Week and more.
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? 15-20 hours of monthly content to help people discover the benefits of Elixxir, I have created over 300+ hours of content in the past 5 years to help onboard users to the greater cryptocurrency community
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? Decentralized means that not one single entity has control over all the processing. Inherently this implies that the processing is distributed among various parties. Distributed means not all the processing of the transactions is done all in the same place. This doesn't mean that those distributed processors aren't under the control of a single entity. These two definitions are easily confused I have found but I believe that truly decentralized systems are vital to the future of all information sharing technologies.
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. The Elixxir platform enables counterparties to quickly, easily, and safely share private and public data in a manner that is vital to personal protection. Elixxir, by obscuring who sends messages, when messages are sent, where they are sent from and who receives them, provides an entirely new level of privacy that is previously unheard of in terms of end-to-end encryption. No other blockchain solutions have proven that they're capable of providing this level of security which is why it is so enthralling to me.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? As we have seen with the countless data breaches ranging from Facebook to Target to innumerable banks worldwide, data protection and messaging privacy is integral to the future development of web3.0. User PII and messaging data is still vulnerable to manipulation and control without a solution like Elixxir in place to protect us.
Tags Individual, United States, English
5 Likes

Wow incredible. You have experience and im very interested worked with you beta node Elixxir. Welcome. You Have my vote

2 Likes

Perfect fit for our project

2 Likes

Experience - Yes
Resources - Yes
Teamwork - Yes

Perfect candidate for the project - Yes

3 Likes

wow, incredible candidate.

perfect for the job, looking forward

1 Like

Thank you to everyone for the support thus far! Looking forward to a successful project launch and contributing in any way I can to support Elixxir moving forward.

2 Likes