Application Date 2019-04-11 0:58:18
Application Language English
Applicant City Kiev
Applicant State/Province na
Applicant Country Ukraine
What languages do you speak? English, Russian, Ukrainian
What is your occupation? IT
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Doctorate or other terminal degree (for example, PhD, EdD)
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? In crypto since 2017, firstly GPU mining and startups, then CPU and various specific testnets/beta-net. Experienced in setting up full node, solo mining, compilation, scripting as needed.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Kiev
Node State na
Node Country Ukraine
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? binarium, aeternity, quarkchain, merge, sero, ngin, various others
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? the hardware requirements are out of logical and financial limits, these shall be optimized at 1st place
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? the profitability of maintaining so expensive node
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 100
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . 0.07
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 28
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Hardware
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications? Yes (Please list specs)
Yes (Please list specs) Dual Xeon 2680 machines, 96Gb RAM, 1Tb SSD hdds and GTX1080Ti on board
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: Dual Xeon machines, 32GbRAM, 1Tb SSD hdds, but without GPU on-board
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) Vultr, Google, AWS, Hetzner
Why do you want to be a node? I like innovations, being early adopter and early miner with potential benefit. Again - this is all about benefit both to Elixxir team and to node runners - both must benefit from that collaboraton.
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Word of Mouth
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, Discord
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? practical implementations and society needs will bring the value to the elixxir
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? yes, recently quarkchain
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? no
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? all depends on the payment which elixxir team is going to pay as reward to such creators. nothing is free-of-charge in our world, agree?
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
Tags Individual, Ukraine, English
8 Likes

Been collaborating with this applicant in QuarkChain and SEELE. We often exchanged insights and even pieces of code. Recommend him as a very skilled and very pragmatic person which will enrich every project he participates in. For example he was struggling with QuarkChain developers in their github pointing at the bugs and asking right questions publicly.

3 Likes

Based on your support and willing to vouch for him I will add my vote too.

2 Likes

Yes, this is a very smart man! Especially in the field of communications between the nodes and not only! May bring great benefits!

3 Likes

Hey all, this is my application, and again thanks a lot my dear crypto-community friends, for your comments and votes. I’ve been collaborating with some of you for quite a long time, with some - not that long, but really fruitful (QuarkChain, Seele, Sero etc.). Looking forward to further Elixxir developments.

I like making things easier and samrter, some scripting sometimes really helps getting that out. Usually running rented dedicated server power (AWS, Google, Hetzner etc.)

1 Like

I fully support what @AGx10k said. @Alexander_S has a very large store of knowledge, as well as is able to provide counseling support to other users. This has been repeatedly proven in other projects. He will undoubtedly be useful in the project.

1 Like

Glad to see this candidate here! worked together in a project like quarkchain in testnet.
An active member of the community, with extensive experience with cryptocurrencies. Can see what others do not see.
The application must definitely be reviewed and approved)

I can only recommend to get @Alexander_S in. He does really great job keeping his infrastructure in order and is always happy to help anyone in the community. I have participated on several projects with him and I honestly believe he would be a great addition to the betanet noderunners team!

1 Like

:+1:

Good to see some ex-Seele miners here as well