Application Date 2019-04-10 9:05:09
Application Language English
Applicant City Melbourne
Applicant State/Province VIC
Applicant Country Australia
What languages do you speak? English, Hindi, Telegu, Tamil, Japanese
What is your occupation? Software Development
How many years experience in your field? 16+
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? I have been working on blockchain since 2010 and have developed on my multiple protocols and built smart contracts and dapps.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Melbourne
Node State VIC
Node Country Australia
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc), Tezos, Loki, Substrate, Polkadot
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? A single click deployment with metrics and visualisation if possible.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? None, I am keen and eager.
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 100
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 100
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . I have solar panels
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 20
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Both
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications? Yes (Please list specs)
Yes (Please list specs) 8 GPU Windows 10 Machine
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: NA
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) Comfortable deploying on AWS, GCP, Azure, Alibaba Cloud
Why do you want to be a node? The 4 pillars make sense and after watching the recent video from CEO, it makes 100% sense to run a node and support the ecosystem and bring blockchain to mainstream.
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? Word of Mouth
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Reddit, Discord, Medium, Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? 4 pillars and that it operates at scale
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Substrate, Polkadot
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? EDCON, APAC Blockchain, Ethereal
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? 2 to 4 content material
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit? We need both for mass market and enterprise adoption
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions. speed, privacy, scale, security
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet? privacy by default brings human potential
Tags Individual, Australia, English
3 Likes

Congratulations on receiving such a good number of applications.

This is my application for running a node and I am quite comfortable from a technology point of view.

I have my own hardware and fibre runs to my home, plus have solar panels installed so from an infrastructure, internet bandwidth, and electricity we are blessed.

I am keen to engage with the rest of the community to understand and learn how you’re finding the Elixxir journey thus far.

Looking forward to next steps.

2 Likes

So looking forward to running Beta and Mainnet :rocket: :flying_saucer:

1 Like

Thanks to David and his team we are protected by the best professionals in the field of technology. We can all do an excellent job and take Elixxir far away :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you guys planning for AMA with David and or the rest of technical team? It will be a good way to share what the team is working on as we get closer to Beta launch.

2 Likes

Like this idea

Not a bad idea at all.

I have mates who are attending the NY Blockchain week and they have run into the Elixxir team (not limited to David) and looks like they are enjoying the conversations and conference.

I wonder if there is a way to ascertain if all the node applicants have signed up to Prelixxir app too?

I am currently in Japan for a trip and keen to see if there are any Elixxir fans here?

Is anyone playing Cheese Wizards www cheezewizards com

It will be cool to have a place in the new prelixxir app to play such games.

I wonder if there are things we can work on, in preparation for running the Elixxir Node?

How is everyone else feeling and tracking their Node Application?!

1 Like

Interested in that too

We don’t have any specific guidance on preparation at the moment; more will follow once we wrap up the selection process. For now I would recommend reading the documentation published to the Elixxir website and staying involved on our social channels (this one, Discord, Telegram, etc.).