Application Date 2019-02-19 8:00:00
Application Language English
Applicant City Fort Collins
Applicant State/Province CO
Applicant Country United States
What languages do you speak? English
What is your occupation? Transportation/3PL
How many years experience in your field? 8-15
What is the highest degree or level of school you have completed? Bachelor’s degree (for example: BA. BS)
Please describe your experience in the Crypto/Blockchain space, if any? I entered crypto as a simple miner in early 2014 with intent on it being just a small hobby, but every day involved in crypto resulted in growing interest in anything and everything blockchain related. I've been project leads for taking over abandoned projects, worked as community liaison and general support for a very successful exchange, developer and community support for several altcoin projects, node runner for many many startup currencies, and still continued involvement in many communities for projects in which I support the tech being developed. I also launched and ran a very small, but successful, mining pool in 2015. While working in transportation is still my primary job and source of income, I am slowly migrating toward crypto taking over that role. I have been selected as CTO for an exciting new crypto startup platform utilizing an existing coin as the platform's utility token upon launch. Details to be released when the team is ready for public information.
Are you an individual or a group? Individual
Node City Fort Collins
Node State CO
Node Country United States
For which networks Have you ever operated a node? Bitcoin (BTC, BCH, etc), Ethereum (ETH, ETC, etc), Tezos, Lisk & forks, Steemit, BTC based altcoins, Mochimo, Bismuth,
What kind of improvements would you like to see in Elixxir nodes vs. previous the previous nodes you have supported? I think improvement in hardware specific requirements would be a significant factor in the quality of node running for Elixxir.
What are potential setbacks preventing you from operating an Elixxir node? Likely the only setbacks would potentially be hardware requirements, but I'm committed to running a node and willing to buy hardware needed.
What is a reasonable maximum connection speed on which you could operate a BetaNet node in your geographic region? (Where 0 = 10 Megabits/second, and 100 = 10 Gigabits/second) 75
What is a reasonable uptime estimate you can provide for your BetaNet node? (As a percentage) 99
Please estimate the cost of electricity in the geographic area where your BetaNet node will be running. . $0.07 & $0.22 during peak hours
On a monthly basis, how much time can you publicly commit to dedicating toward governance if you were selected as a BetaNet node operator? (Where 0 = 1 hour/month, and 100 = 20 hours/month) 50
If you were selected to run a BetaNet node, would it run on your own hardware or be deployed to cloud-based servers? Both
In what type of environment would this server be located? Personal Home
Do you have past experience deploying hardware servers in a datacenter? No
Do you already own sufficient hardware to meet the published Elixxir BetaNet node specifications? No
Yes (Please list specs)
Do you have hardware you would like to use but does not meet the stated BetaNet node specs? If so, please provide specs on that hardware below: No, as stated, hardware would be purchased.
Do you have past experience deploying servers to cloud-based services? Yes (please specify)
Yes (please specify) All of my previously digital currency experience has been used in both local and cloud based environments.
Why do you want to be a node? I like to follow innovative tech and am passionate about blockchain as a whole. For those projects that are disruptive and bring a new concept to the space intrigues me and drives me to be involved .
How did you originally hear about Elixxir? don't remember
Which current Elixxir communities are you a member of? Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Medium, Twitter
Are you an active member of those communities? Yes
What specifically, interests you about the Elixxir platform? the entirely different methodology in application of a decentralized currency
Outside of Elixxir communities, are you an active participant in other node or developer community groups? If so, which ones? Only those specific to crypto currencies: Mochimo, Neos, Salus, Blacknet, Bismuth, Blockpool, and many others.
Have you ever attended a blockchain conference? If so, which one(s)? yes, BitcoinMiami
As part of growing the Elixxir community, are you willing to create content as part of operating an Elixxir BetaNet node? Examples would be node setup & on-boarding review vlog post, bi-weekly twitter update, medium review of on-going node operational process, etc. Yes (how much content on a monthly basis?)
If yes, how much content on a monthly basis? content commitment will be better defined after the betanet is live and nodes are active. Likely active communication in discord will be my primary activity as well as some twitter
What is the difference between decentralized networks and distributed networks, and where on the decentralization spectrum do you sit?
As best as you can given currently available information, please describe the value proposition of the Elixxir platform and how it differs from other current blockchain solutions.
Privacy by Default is a goal of the Elixxir Platform. In your opinion, why is Privacy by Default critical for the future of the internet?
Tags Individual, United States, English
2 Likes

Welcome. Good propostion

Would be great to have you on the team.